From:
Walt & Carolyn Reardon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 20:47:48 -0500

Thanks for the replys I received.  I've added some comments they are in ()

1.  Most people stuck to salads

2.  Ate before they went

3.  Had a baked potato at TGI Fridays that was very filling

4.  One said the hamburger at Chili's is 100% beef and their husband didn't
have any trouble with just it (of course don't eat the bun), the fries
seemed O.K. too

5.  One said to keep it simple, such as salad, steamed veggis

6.  Someone had e-mailed Chili's 6 months ago and their response they could
guarantee nothing

7.  Someone sent me the e-mail addresses(I did e-mail both and the following
is the response I received from Chili's, haven't gotten one from TGI Fridays)
"Thank you for your e-mail requesting nutritional information on our
restaurant's menu items.  We sympathize with your situation and would like
to assist you in determining which menu items will meet your dietetic
requirements. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide this information.

Our restaurants stock many items that contain ingredients excluded from our
diet.  Most process foods contain derivatives of wheat.  Therefore, out of
an abundance of caution and concern for you health, we cannot recommend menu
items which are gluten free due to the potential of cross contamination or
adulteration.

We appreciate your inquiry.

Guest Relations"

8.  You can eat anywhere if you present a restaurant card and/or have a lucid
conversation with the waiter after making a tentative choice from the menu
and having him check with the chef before finalizing your order.

9.  One said they could never find anything at Chili's and the last time
they just got up and walked out.

10.  One found a delicious healthy chicken dinner at TGI Fridays (I
believe).  The chicken was lightly spiced, fresh veggies slightly steamed

11.  Someone sent me a post about TGI Fridays, here it is:"Thank you for all
your responses, too many to thank each separately.Here goes:  The consensus
is divided.  Many call the manager and ask advice as to the menu.  If you ask
for no marinade, you will get it,otherwise the meat and chicken are
marinated.  The managers are very helpful so most people say.  One person has
eaten Jack Daniel chicken without a problem, sauce not included.  Stick to
salads, no croutons, dressing on the side.  Another just eats steamed veggies
w/baked potato and cheese melted over if you are not allergic to milk or
lactose intolerant.  Others found their broiled fish acceptable with no
spices or marinades.  The other half said they would not go to that place
because it is always crowded and they do not cater to our needs properly.  A
lot of the food is fried and may be contaminated.  Thank you for all your
replies but I think I will stay away from this one except if I can't help
myself and am in a bind and am hungry as a bear and there is no other
choice."

After all of these, I have decided to skip the dinner party and just meet up
with them for the activities following.  I have had such bad luck talking to
waitresses, even with the resturant cards, and I am tired of seeing all this
good food and eating a dry salad or baked potato.  Since Chili's did write
me back and that is really where everyone wanted to go I think this is the
best for me right now.  Had too much stress in my life lately, don't need
anymore.

Thanks to all who responded.

Carolyn, Biloxi, MS, USA