From:
Anne M Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne M Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 17:32:59 -0500

Thank you for all the suggestions and recipes..tried to include all responses below:

FLOURLESS PEANUT BUTTER AND CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
1 cup super chunky peanut butter
1 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips (about 6 ounces)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix first 5 ingredients in medium bowl. Mix in chocolate chips. Using moistened hands, form generous 1 tablespoon dough for each cookie into ball. Arrange on 2 ungreased baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
Bake cookies until puffed, golden on bottom and still soft to touch in center, about 12 minutes. Cool on sheets 5 minutes. Transfer to racks; cool completely.
Makes about 24 cookies.

You can still use Nestle's recipe - substitute flour with GF flour (or use
2/3 C rice flour & 1/3 C potato flour -not starch for 1 C flour), add 1/2
teaspoon xanthum gum & use 1 and 1/2 times the amt of baking soda.  I've
used the toll house recipe with alterations for 20 years & they are
wonderful.

You can still make your same recipe.......only use an all-purpose gluten
free flour instead and add 1-2 tsp. of xanthan gum..........will turn out
great!

go to Foodtv.com and search for choco chip cookies.....look for the soft recipe
which uses cake flour.  Use cornstarch in place of the cake flour.  This is a Julia
Child trick.  I use cornstarch in all my baking.  Can't stand the multi grain
"flours" ..they taste terrible, and are very gritty and in additon you need to add
the gums...ugh!  You don't need to do that with cornstarch...just sub cup for cup and that's it.

Easy, easy, easy.  I use Bette Hagman's flour mix (rice, potato,
tapioca) and substitute cup for cup with the original recipe.  (Also, I
use Crisco and granulated sugar and it makes a nice light cookie).

Ghirardelli Has a recipe on the back of their chocolate chips which is
wonderful, I make it with Bette Hagmans GF mix. Ghirardelli also have a site
with lots of recipes.

Use the same recipe, substitute a good gf mix, like Bob's Red Mill mix,
or Carol Fensters recipe or Bette Hagman.  Add 1/2 tsp xanthum gum, and
reduce the margarine or butter to almost half.

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

In mixer bowl mix:

1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/3-cup light olive oil or 1/2-cup butter softened.
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda

In another bowl mix:

2 cup GF flour mix  (6 parts rice flour, 2 parts potato starch and 1 part
tapioca starch flour)
1/2-cup sweet rice flour
2 tsp. xanthan or guar gum
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 package of chocolate chips

Heat oven to 300.  Mix sugars, butter, egg, and vanilla and baking soda.
Mix together remaining ingredients and add to mixture.

Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased
cookie sheet.  Bake 20 minutes.