Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 20:53:51 -0800

You guys, I'm a space cadet tonight.  I thought I was finished with this
summary, but I found all these great responses I forgot to include.
Sorry for the confusion.  ~Valerie in Tacoma
--------------
I think it would have to be my red rice yeast extract for lowering my
cholestrol that is equivalent to a half of a 10mg. Lipitor but without
the side effects, but then again I'm NOT the one in my family with CD as
far as I've been tested.
---------------
Natural Calm - a powdered magnesium supplement.  I drink 1 tsp in warm
water daily to keep me regular.  I have terrible constipation.  Kefir
also has helped.  Don't think I could do with out either.
----------------
Kefir and magnesium oxide tablets for normal bowel movements.
----------------
WITH EACH MEAL ONE L-GLUTAMINE CAPSULE AND ONE PROBIOTICS COMPLEX
---------------
Vitamin replacement, primarily through pills/supplements is as vital as
remaining on a GF diet.  Whether the individual's microvilli are
nonexistent, stunted, trying to grow back, the normal absorptive power is
never restored
fully.

I take a mega vitamin thrice a day along with extra glutamine, B-6, zinc,
selenium, Cal/mag, cod liver oil, and B-12 shots.  This is because I
know: " the normal absorptive power is never restored fully.".  Also if
you read what top young athletes are eating and taking for natural
development, this is not enough and they have a normal/perfect stomach.
I also take Natren MegaAcidinous from  Natren.com   This was a big help.
Peter
-----------------
Hi - thanks again for motivating me to try kefir - it's up there with
Citrical Plus (minerals and vit. D) for having the largest good impact on
my health.  The citrical product prevents muscle cramps and aches.  The
kefir has allowed me to be free of immodium!  Anna
-----------------
another GREAT supplement, equally as helpful and fabulous as Natren's, is
the Candex supplements I take which have all but eradicated my lifelong
battle with candida overgrowth; and the third lifesaver has been
DigestEnz pancreatic enzymes.......all 3 plus the l-glutamine has
literally saved my life, can't just say one of them, b/c it is all 4 of
them in tandem........thanks for your email to me, I look forward to
trying the homegrown kefir (highly intolerant of cow's dairy
myself....)......best wishes, Leslie
-----------------
All I can say is that I could literally do a commercial for Lifeway
Kefir. I started drinking it six years ago, and I was VERY lactose
intolerant at that time. I could not handle yogurt. My health was still
not good, despite being
on a gf diet for a year, but the kefir changed all that. I read a lot
about kefir and the healing effect on the GI system and found that it
lived up to all the info. I now buy it by the case....only drinking the
plain, not flavored, since I do not want sugar in this "perfect" food
source. It is expensive. I pay almost $3 a bottle and go through a bottle
every two days. But it's so much better than not feeling well.  Christie
in TX

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!