From:
Christine Lauria <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christine Lauria <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2008 19:52:45 -0400

Hello. My name is Christine and I am new to listserv. Another member of
listserv suggested I join and introduce myself. My son was diagnosed with CD
seven years ago due to the fact that, by the time he was 3 years old, he
completely stopped growing. Other than the fact that he stopped growing, he
showed absolutely no other signs of there being anything wrong.

At that time, it was very, very difficult to get any information regarding CD
and the gluten-free diet. Fortunately, I love to do research of any kind and
this was something that I became very passionate about. To this day, I get
phone calls from friends who know about my son, asking if they can give a
friend of theirs my number as their child was newly diagnosed with CD.

As a direct result of this, I have now started my own R.O.C.K. chapter. So, for
those of you who may live in Suffolk County, Long Island, New York, please
don't hesitate to join us. We will be holding our first meeting on Tuesday,
September 23, 2008 from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. We will meet at Peconic Bay
Medical Center, 1300 Roanoke Avenue, Riverhead... 2nd floor conference
rooms A and B.

We are very happy that Dr. Anupama Chawla, Director of Pediatric
Gastroenterology and Nutrition from Stony Brook University Hospital will be our
guest speaker. In addition, we will have samples and giveaways courtesy of
Pamela's Products and, handouts/literature courtesy of the Celiac Disease
Foundation and Dr. Peter Green at the Celiac Disease Center, Columbia
University.

Lastly, we do have an East End R.O.C.K. yahoo group and an email contact
address. They are as follows:

Email:  [log in to unmask]
Web:  http://groups.Yahoo.com/group/eastendrock

Christine