From:
Rosemary Richards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 1997 15:04:35 GMT-10

Hi Fran,

>The office where I work seems to have an endless parade of glutenous
>offerings coming through........ scones, cakes, pies, cookies etc.....
>the obvious answer is "just say no" (thank you)~ but sometimes it gets
>to me. How do others cope with the endless parade of gluten?

I know exactly how you feel as whenever there is a birthday in our
office we have a morning tea and everyone is expected to bring a
plate. I have been teaching them over the years to go for the
healthier food like cheese and fruit in particular but this now
includes nuts lollies  and choocolate etc.

I still am unable to eat ususally 75% of the offered 'plates' but at
least there has been an improvement. At the same time they have
learned to accept my  need for the diet and have learned  about CD
in general. The fact that I have not had to go to a doctor in years
now, which I put down to the diet,  also helps show the positive
reasons for the rather restrictive diet I follow and has certainly
led some of them to review their own eating habits.

Hope this is of a little help,

Rosemary Richards,    Melbourne Australia.

And when the final computer on earth was connected to the net
the question was input to the console.
"Is there a God?"         "THERE IS NOW !" boomed the speaker.