Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 1997 10:04:39 GMT

I understood that Celiac was the cause of infertility in many women. I ,
fortunately or unfortunately, was not one of those.  I had seven
pregnancies and six children and , since I wasn't diagnosed until years
later, the brunt of the problems seem to fall on the children.

They have all grown up, ostensibly "normal". however, they had many
interesting "diagnoses" as children. None are celiac (supposedly).

One nearly died as an infant with a "diagnosis' of Pernicious Anemia. The
long-bone pain seem excruciating. Condition disappeared after eighteen
months without a trace. He is shorter than his brothers, but at 5'10" is
not exactly dwarfed. One had a diagnosis of throbocytopenia, two had
sub-acute aortic stenosis.  Nobody thinks any of them are "sickly' as
adults.

Does get confusing.
--
A Surra <[log in to unmask]>San Antonio, TX