From:
Vicki Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vicki Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2008 08:21:48 -0700

Dear Listmates -
I have received many emails since I posted my summary. To those who wrote to say thank you, you are very welcome.

Listmates mentioned the following brands re. paraben-free, gluten-free makeup and other skin products:
-Aubrey organics - but a few products are not gluten-free

-Jason products - but not all products are gluten-free. Their vitamin E
skin cream now has wheat germ oil in it. I use their Oral Comfort toothpaste, which is like Sensodyne for sensitive teeth, but no
nitrates.

-Real Purity mascara

-Kiss My Face obsessively natural moisturizer

-I mentioned Ecco Bella in my previous post, though I called today to confirm that no preservatives means no parabens - and am waiting for their reply. The mascara and foundation do have preservatives.

A couple of other brands were mentioned, but I can't find the emails right now, because I get too much email overall.

One listmate said cosmetics and skin creams don't have to be gluten-free. I don't agree. We handle these, then handle food. Also, women who wear lipstick do consume some of that lipstick (licking lips, rubbing lips together, getting it on teeth or tongue). I also have had DH before.

One listmate said parabens are FDA-approved and are therefore safe. Please recall all the FDA-approved ingredients, chemicals, compounds, advertise prescription medicines, non-prescription medications, etc. that have later been shown, in widespread use over a period of many years, to have problems, then carried warning labels or were even withdrawn.

Two examples: Thalidomide, and Diethylstilbestrol, both taken to prevent miscarraiges in decades past. Thalidomide caused many babies to be born without arms and/or legs.

Diethylstilbestrol caused three kinds of female cancers in mothers taking it, and increased risk of one or two kinds of cancer in their daughters due to exposure before birth.

Many face creams and makeup products at health food stores and available online now say paraben-free, and the manufacturers went to that trouble because consumers wanted it and were concerned about parabens.

-Vicki

*******
*******