From:
Patty Flanagan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patty Flanagan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 10:05:06 -0500

Dear fellow celiacs,
Thank you all for your great responses.

The low-carb Autumn Apple Frost and low-carb Chocolate Raspberry Zinger
soy bars are NOT GLUTEN FREE. www.drugstore.com INCORRECTLY states that
they are gluten free when you click on "ingredients" for the specific bar.

All the other soy bars and soy shakes by Revival are GLUTEN FREE. The
source of the "malt" ingredient listed in the gluten free bars is corn or
sorghum, NOT BARLEY.

It was the Autumn Apple Frost bar that made me sick, because I went by
drugstore.com's website saying it was gluten free.

After speaking with the Revival Soy company, I am now confident they know
what they are doing. I apologize for calling the nutrition experts there
clowns. I should have checked the wrapper on the Autumn Apple Frost bar to
make sure it said gluten free. It did not. I am the clown here.

The gluten free bars are good and give you the equivalent of 6 servings of
soy milk in one little bar. They are very good heated up in the microwave
for 20 seconds--very yummy and gooey. I am very happy I can still eat most
of them. They have 16 grams of protein, which I like.

Thank you again to all who responded!
Regards, Patty Flanagan