From:
Nancy Veazey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Veazey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2008 16:06:33 -0500

Thank you for the very quick responses about GF eating in the Vail area.  We just got back last night and had a great trip.

Beaver creek Dusty Boot chef knows about Gluten..There is sushi rest in Village..Outback in Avon. Walmart in Avon has lots of pasta and bread and cookies in special organic aisle. Spruce saddle BC mointain restaurant will make burgers on foil on their grill with fresh tongs.  Beau JO's is a great casual restaurant and serves GF pizza.  It was great.  There is not one in Vail/Beaver Creek, but there are several locations in Co and we ate at the one in Idaho Springs, just off I-70.  Idaho Springs in only about half an hour west of Denver airport as you are going to ski country.

We also had good success at Cucina Rustica at the Lodge at Vail --though, it was good but a little more formal place.  Also we had good luck with the Buffalo steak at the Saddle Ridge restaurant in Beaver Creek.

Take lots of money--eating in that area is very expensive--except Beau Jo's.

Thanks for the replies.

Nancy