Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 16:19:04 -0800

In a telephone conversation 11/14, I called Sethness Products Company
(888/772-1880) which has specialized in caramel COLOR since 1880. The
technician assured me that only two companies supply all (100%) the
caramel color in the US and much abroad, and all are gluten free. They
supply both liquid and powdered versions.

However, many companies manufacture caramel FLAVORING. That is an
entirely different process and could contain gluten and needs individual
investigation.

Janet Rinehart, Houston Celiac-Sprue Support Group