From:
Richard Sallee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 09:09:45 -0800

Our almost 3 year old daughter has celiac and I do know that at times
she has used the excuse of my tummy hurts to avoid going to bed or
picking up toys or a host of other things.  I think one should be able
to tell whether it's manipulation or not.  If Valerie cries, doubles
over in pain, and refuses to eat her favorite foods than it is truly
real rather than manipulation.  I think anyone who is touch with their
child will be able to tell the difference.  For what it is worth.
Faye