From:
Hillary_Crane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 19:46:51 -0400

Dear List mates,

In light of all the recent discussion of "what if" questions, I ask mine
with a bit of trepidation.

I was diagnosed with CD in January and have an odd history with another
auto immune disorder which effects the eye.  It's called Multiple
Evanescent White Dot Syndrome and it's apparently neither serious, nor well
understood.  I've been diagnosed with it twice in the last 18 months.  (It
clears up on its own after a few months.)  I only wonder about its possible
connection to CD because they're both auto immune disorders and I could
think of no other resource for checking out the possibility than this large
community of Celiacs.  (My guess is that retinologists don't go to the same
conferences as gastroenterologists and they probably aren't too familiar
with the diseases in which each other specialize.)  I imagine this is a
shot in the dark because in the couple of months I've been on this list
I've seen many diseases be linked to CD, but few, if any, that relate to
the eye.

My question is this:  has anyone else on this list been diagnosed with
MEWDS?  And/or does anyone know of a possible connection with CD?

Thank you in advance for whatever help you may offer,

Hillary
Providence, RI