From:
Niko Antalffy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 19:30:14 +1000

Dear list,

I rarely indulge in processed sweets but I'd like to now and I need your
help in determining whether it's gf and wheat-free (I react to gluten as
well as to wheat starch and wheat sugars).

I'm holding a pack of Wrigley's Extra Sugarfree chewing gum, spearmint
flavoured. There's no phone number on the pack, only an address by the
way.

Ingredients are: sorbitol, gum base, mannitol, humectant (422),
flavours, emulsifier (322), artificial sweetener (951), colours (133,
160A), antioxidant (320).

It looks like there's nothing natural in this product, still, I know
that wheat lurks everywhere on this planet.

Do you think it's gf and wheat-free? Where can I look up the additive
numbers?  I'm in Australia.

Thanks a lot,
Niko