From:
Katherine Forgacs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Katherine Forgacs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2014 18:12:16 -0400

Hi listmates,

I'm GFCFSF and vegetarian (eggs ok, just not dairy) and traveling to Sweden
for part of the summer. Can anyone provide some knowledge on what stores or
brands of food I could look for, and/or any places with good
veg/GF-friendly places to eat? Is there anything like a Whole Foods chain
or local veg-friendly food co-ops? Is GF widely understood?

In the US I find it easy to feed myself, particularly if I can prepare
meals, and I do plan to pack some dry goods to get by the first couple of
weeks. However, I may be there for 4-6 weeks so I will need to buy things
in Sweden. I may not always have a kitchen to use, so prepared foods, deli
items, boxed goods (like crackers, cereal, pop tarts or food bars) may be
ideal.

We may be moving around a lot, which is why I haven't mentioned any
specific towns. In general we should be in the southern part of Sweden,
roughly from Norrtälje/Stockholm on the east to Göteborg on the west.

Thanks for your advice! I will summarize.

Kat