Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 2019 08:40:36 -0500

Overwhelmingly, all but 2 respondents confirmed that sausage casing does
not contain gluten.  One person had a gluten reaction after eating sausage
she though was gluten free, and the other believed there could be gluten in
casing, but the links she provided for confirmation did not pan out.

I myself did research on the topic and even contacted a leading casing
manufacturer, who produces several different varieties of casings,
including natural, and they said they never heard of any gluten-containing
products being used in casings of any kind.

Everyone should make their own decisions, of course, but for me and my
family, we will go on the assumption that sausage casing is gluten free.
Thanks to all who responded...

*******
*******