From:
Kim Runkel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kim Runkel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 21:20:57 -0700

Since we're in the midst of allergy season thought some of you might appreciate some of the responses I got with my recent request for GF sinus meds.  Turns out it was a migraine.
Thank you all for your quick responses!
Kim

~Go to GlutenFreeDrugs.com  and you'll find what you need.
~I would suggest you to go to this other excellent site:
  http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/messages
~I use regular Sudafed - it's GF but I'm in Canada - not sure if it's made
the same way there.
~Vicks DayQuil Luquicaps for cold/flu relief
~have you tried homeopathic Kali bich?
~Tylenol sinus
~I take an antihistamine tablet (Rite
Aid brand).  It helps to dry up the sinuses
~I have spoken to Tylenol manufacturers: The only products tested for gluten
thus far (this was several mos. ago) are Xtra Strength Tylenol caplets &
Tylenol Allergy Sinus caplets - so those are the only ones they will claim
are GF.
~Afrin nasal spray, GF Tylenol for pain
~Actifed Cold & Sinus for sinus headaches
~A lot of us have sinus problems when we eat dairy because we don't know yet
that we're intolerant to dairy. Dairy is the most likely candidate to cause
sinus complications.
~Advil Cold & Sinus is gluten free
~Kirkland brand sold at Cosco is GF
~Drixoral cold and sinus
~What about alka seltzer cold and sinus?  their 1-800 number is
1-800-800-4793 or www.alka-seltzerplus.com  I haven't checked for myself yet,
just noticed the box on the counter...but I use the AM version for migraines
ok.  Since I tested negative on biopsy can't go by my reactions for
recommending to others so just passing on the mfg. contact info instead.
~I have an eye mask from Nikken which uses a combination of magnetic and far infrared technology.  When my sinuses are bothering me or I get a headache for any reason, I spend 5 to 10 minutes wearing this and voila, I am a lot better without having to take anything.
~Eating about 10 almond nuts will relieve certain migraines.
~Buy some menthol crystals at pharmacy - place a few in a bowl of boiling water then inhale - have plenty of tissue ready.  ~Crystals are only a few dollars - and as you only use a few container lasts a good while
~Sinus Motrin and Sinus Tylenol.
~ Comtrex brand.  The maker told me all their lines are GF
~At first I thought it was nonsense, but it really does work:  you basically put a hot
water bottle full of warm/hot water on your feet.... and a cold pack or ice
bag wrapped in a towel on your head or face.  (DO NOT FALL ASLEEP WITH A
BARE ICE BAG ON YOUR SKIN- always wrap it in a towel of some sort.)  Whether
it's a migraine or a sinus headache, this method literally works 2 ways to
reduce blood pressure and inflammation where you're having a headache
(w/cold on the site), and by drawing blood away from your head with a hot
bottle on your feet.  This should also make you slightly sleepy so you can take a nap.
~Try the Fiorinal. Works better for headaches even than narcotics by far