From:
Patricia Onstott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 10:32:48 -0600

Hello.

Lecithen:

Thanks to those persons responding to my question about the gf status of
lecithen.  The replies I received are as follows:

1) The majority of lecithen is from soy.  No problem unless you have a soy
problem.

2) Lecithen is almost always made from soy, but in some instances it can be
made from eggs.

3) Lecitehn is not a pjroblem generally.  I take it ;as a daily supplement
with my vitamins--supposed to help keep cholesterol down.

4) Lecithen is gf.  It is generally derived from soy.  I eat it all the
time.

5) Lecithen is a derivative from soy.

6) Lecithen is from soy and should be okay as far as being gf.

7) GF cookbook pasta recipes include liquid lecithen, so it should be okay...

Pizza:

I have missed pizza SO MUCH!!!!  I tried several crust recipes and finally
found one I liked, but I have misplaced it.  I tried something new yesterday
and love it!  If you like thin & crispy crust on your pizza, you might enjoy
these and it is so easy and tasty!!!

Mini Pizza

In a skillet with oil, fry white corn tortillas (uncooked ones) on both sides
til brown and crisp.  Drain on paper.  (Can blot with a paper towel to help
remove some of the oil.)

Then just top them with your favorite toppings.  I use:
GF pasta sauce  (1 heaping teaspoon per pizza)
Mozzarella cheese, shredded
4-5 very thin slices of pepperoni
A little chopped green bell pepper
A few slices of black olive

Put 3-4 on a microwave safe plate and heat 1.5 to 2 minutes on high.

SO GOOD.  Sure satisfies my pizza craving and so quick and easy.  Hope you
enjoy them.