From:
Nancy Uding <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Uding <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2008 18:03:56 -0700

Hello all,
My 15 year old daughter with celiac disease is going to have surgery and she'll need to stay in the hospital for 4 to 5 days.  I've already been told that they can "handle this" in terms of meals for her - we're going to be at Seattle Children's.  I'm interested in hearing from those of you who may have had a hospital stay.  Generally speaking, can hospital kitchens really handle it, and do you have any suggestions about how to make it as successful as possible.  I've been lugging gluten free food around with us where ever we go for 10 years now, so I'm sure I won't be able to go to the hospital without emergency supplies.  However, it's going to be a grueling experience without the added complexity of food...  And, do I need to be thinking about potential emergency treatments, "just in case" ?
Thanks in advance!
Nancy