From:
John H Butcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 10:10:07 EDT

Hello Folks:

Dermatitis diagnosed last September and unsuccessfully used DAPSONE, which
divided newly formed red blood cells and left me groggy and listless.  Gap of
two weeks between blood tests with no medication and DM went wild on my back
(shoulders), arms, leg and buttocks.  Then went onto a strong steroid
(PREDNISOLONE 5 mg) decreasing from four for three days down to one, three
days each.

Consultant then had me on LEDERKYN to overlap the end of the steroid which
more or less held the situation.  Then started one 500 mg LEDERKYN a day
until next blood test the following week; stepped up to two a day for two
weeks until next successful blood test and now on three a day maximum dosage
(1500 mg total), which seems to be successful.

LEDERKYN is NOT 'Commercial stock" and is issued on named patient basis ONLY
with mandatory blood tests every two weeks.  I now have a twenty eight day
supply and can re-order if blood tests are OK.

General impression is good - anyone had experience with this?

Many thanks for any help on this one.

John Butcher
(retired in UK)