From:
Mary Kretzmann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Kretzmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 15:14:16 -0800

Dear Scientifically Inquisitive Listmates,

I have read of only two cases of documented remission of celiac (one case was in remission for 14 years).

Here's my question to anyone who has access to the research: : Did either patient ever hazard a guess as to why they went into remission? Pure luck? Miracle (medical or spiritual)? Was there a significant dietary change or some mysterious herb or supplement? These cases are so rare that the responses would not be statistically significant, but it would be of help to know anyway. Sometimes patients intuitively know what made them sick, and they may also intuitively know their diagnosis, so they may also know what made them well.

I would think taking a very detailed history would be important in such cases, and to note anything significant that is mentioned, be it physical, emotional or spiritual.

Sincerely,

Mary Kretzmann
California