Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 22:15:32 -0600

Here are the responses I got about fajitas after I warned that the beef
can be marinated in beer:

Several said they had no problems with fajitas. Obviously sometimes they
are safe.

Many said that the chicken for fajitas is often marinated in soy sauce.

One person uses taco seasoning.

One person suggested making them at home. My husband does make a mean
fajita. We put the meat and the marinade in a baggie and marinate in the
frig. overnight, turning once or twice. The overnight really makes a
difference in the tenderness of the meat- as opposed to just marinating
for a few hours. According to him, here is what he puts in them. All
measures are approximate.

Several pounds of skirt or flank steak
two tablespoons lime juice
two tablespoons basalmic vinegar
two teaspoons Bragg's amino acids
two tablespoons olive oil
one half teaspoon garlic powder
one quarter teaspoon cumin
two teaspoons chili powder
one half teaspoon salt
If you want to kick it up a notch- add a dash of cayenne

Happy grillin!
Julie