Date:
Sat, 15 May 2010 12:48:08 -0700

The following are excerpts from the responses I received on my question
regarding gluten free dining in Seattle, WA. Hope others find this of
use as well, and thanks all for your replies.

REALLY would be nice if this server allowed longer posts!

David

"This one is pretty good, it is run by the IBS Treatment Center doctor,
Stephen Wangen, and his office and the support group is based in Seattle
(also for other food allergies besides gluten.) So it’s a pretty good
source for Seattle info specifically. The GF restaurants awareness
organization one (maybe gfrap.org?) and Celiac Scene are pretty good, too.

If you look at all the listings for this one, there are also listings
for Bellingham, Portland, etc., some nationwide, but the Northwest
coverage is particularly good.

http://innatehealthfoundation.org/wiki/index.php?title=GreaterSeattleArea"

"Here are a few of my favorite places.
Downtown: have lunch or dinner at Wild Ginger.
North end:
Roosevelt Ale House for a hamburger on a gf bun and a gf beer.
Anita's Crepes in Ballard at Anita's Crepes.
GF Pizza at Garlic Jim's on 65th OR at Romio's on Greenwood.
Flying Apron Bakery in Fremont
Wheatless in Seattle (formerly da Vinci Cafe) on Greenwood
Great Harvest Bakery in West Seattle (this location only!) has different
GF breads every day, and the Rosemary Loaf on Thursdays made me cry, it
was so perfect.

North of Seattle (15 minutes), the largest collection of GF packaged
goods in the state can be found at Manna Mills Natural Foods.
Within Seattle, you can find great GF selections at Whole Foods and PCC."

"SEATTLE

Subject: health food store Kirkland, WA

Just wanted to let other folks on the east side from Seattle know that I
have found a wonderful health food store called Vitality in the Upper
Totem Lake Mall. They carry more gluten free foods than any other store
around here that I have found except for EnerG Foods.

Their buyer goes to EnerG usually on Fridays to pick up products and
will also get special items that I request. They have some gluten free
products from Canada and are always looking for ways to expand the
gluten free line."

*******
*******