From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2010 22:16:27 -0400

Forgot a few and don't want to offend anyone who responded. Thanks again. Unless the additional responses that come in are particularly different than the ones in the five summaries I've sent out already, I'm not summarizing more.

Lin

I created my Health Nut Cookies just for people like you
and me, my mom and folks who want a snack that is
satisfying, low carb, low sugar and doesn't taste like
saw-dust!......
Natasha Becker/CCO
Chief Cookie Officer
Belmont,CA
650-207-3470
www.natashashealthnutcookies.com

baggies of nuts and raisins (Lin's comment...I take these when I travel.)

Has your Dr checked your liver enzymes?  May be fatty liver infiltration.  Have you had your Vit. D and platelets levels taken?
this is what happened to me since last fall.  Liver enzymes high along with blood sugar (my blood sugar is always normal or low).  I have very low platelets and no vitamin D in my body.
They are now detoxing my liver naturally, and I am on a large dose of Vitamin D3 daily.  My platelets and blood sugars are in range now, and the Vitamin D levels are getting there.  I have another month before I have my liver enzmes retested.
The onogolists told me if your vit. D is low or you don't have any, you can not loose weight.

I've found that peanut butters can contain between 1 and 14 grams of sugar per serving.  I can tolerate 1 or 2 grams.  Whole Foods and you local grocery chain carry Brand 365 and Jif- but read the labels,
My doctor told me that honey is a "single" sugar and should be safe.  I don't know enough chemestry to really understand this, but it works.

Use some artificial sweetener and add your own fruit to the yogurt. It will have fewer carbs than what you buy.  Mix the no calorie Jello with some.  I made the Jello in  empty yogurt containers so that some was always available to eat mixed or plain.
Pork rinds have no carbs. Not that they taste that great but they are available for snacks.
When I made dinner I always made extra meat so if either of us wanted something during the afternoon we could take out the leftover pork chop or whatever.
After several weeks I did not have to have a snack which helped, even after hiking for three hours.
Drink lots of low or no carb drinks, than you are less apt to need food.
Dill pickles and hard boiled eggs are something that can always be there. And of course the hard boiled eggs can be deviled eggs  which taste better. Hard boil six or more at a time and keep them in the refrigerator so you have them there when you need one.  Watch the date so they do not get too old.
There are low carb cookbooks which have some of the most unappetizing recipes I have ever seen but they will help.

And one person, a registered dietician, told me to go see a registered dietician.