From:
James Moline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 05:30:31 -0600

Well, here I am again, hope I am not being too bothersome but I really
do need help in working all of this out.  I appreciate all your help so
very much, you just have no idea!  I am so new to this and seem to be
discovering so many things I do not know what to do with some of them
so... here goes.

Our family is very naturally minded, we use herbs and natural things.  I
have been using something called ALJ's by Natures Sunshine for years.  I
have asthma and it seems to catch any congestion in my sinus's and lungs
instantly.  But, since trying to go gf I have not taken any of it for a
few weeks.  I posted asking about anyones lymph system filling up after
they ingest something and most of you responded that yes you did also.
I have not sent out any summaries yet as I have just not felt well
enough to gather the info and put it into e-mails.  I do hope to do that
soon.

Anyway, I have been getting congested again and yesterday began taking
my ALJ's again and now my lymph system is backing up again.  The
difficulty is that I also began taking something called Wellness Formula
by Source Naturals so I am not sure who is the culprit.  I did call
Natures Sunshine and they said that they are gluten free.  I think the
swelling began before I started taking the Wellness Formula but I am not
sure.  Yesterday  I read a label on a box of Echinacea tea and it said
no one with an auto immune disease should be taking this product!  There
is echinacea in the Wellness product but it doesn't say that on its
label (not in the alj's).  As I understand it, Celiac is an auto immune
disease, right?

Does anyone know if Natures Sunshine products really are gf and what
about other natural food things like propolis, golden seal, garlic etc.
and etc.  My two staples for asthma are the ALJ's and Traditional
Medicinals Breathe Easy Tea.  I can not take the regular meds that are
given by Drs., as they make me very ill.  Does anyone on the list use
natural things and know what is safe and what is not safe?  I have the
CSA commercial products listing but it doesn't have much in there in the
way of these things.

Any ideas?

Pilgrim South