From:
Cassie Volleyball <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cassie Volleyball <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2007 18:33:10 -0800

This is RE:  13 year old female.

  Gluten free for 2 years (due to joint swelling).

  Definitely has severe digestive symptoms is she accidentally ingests gluten now.

  Positive DQ2 gene, but no diagnosis of celiac (never had EGD)

  Recently had nasal surgery with esophagoscopy (to see if reflux caused sinus infections) and biopsy came back with diagnosis of basal cell hyperplasia both proximal & distal biopsies.

  Is anyone familiar with this?  Is this something to be concerned about?  I haven't heard back from her primary care physician yet.  Should I be persistent & can anyone suggest a course of action?  Any input is appreciated!

  Thanks!