Date:
Sun, 28 Dec 2003 15:39:39 EST

hi mates,

we were in nyc for the holidays and had a great meal at Gus' Place in
Greenwich Village at 149 Waverly  off 6th Ave. what a pleasure to eat delicious food
without having to quiz the waiter and worry about the kitchen. so many items
on their menu are 'marked' glutenfree. we had a wonderful mixed grill
(including sausage), and ended with chocolate hazelnut cake topped with homemade
icecream. my husband and i shared everything (i'm gf, he's not) and he oo'd and ah'd
over the food as much as i did.

thanks so much to the glutenfree awareness program started and expanded by
the westchester, ny support group!

by the way, the restaurant American Park at the Battery is closed til the
spring. we called when we went to the museum of jewish heritage at battery park
(which is definitely worth a few hours of anyone's time in nyc).

happy new year.
marlene