From:
Jim Lyles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 1998 11:32:48 -0500

While preparing our order from a local co-op, we found an ad for
Country Choice cookies.  The ad shows four varieties of cookies and
states they are wheat free and gluten free.  However, one of those
varieties is an oatmeal raisin cookie (which contains rolled oats) and
all four of them have oat flour as an ingredient.

I don't wish to reopen the debate about whether or not oats are safe
for celiacs.  Since many celiac experts advise against consuming oats
(particularly for celiac children), I simply wanted to make you aware
of the true ingredients in these four products.  For Country Choice
cookies, look beyond the large "Gluten Free" on front of the package
and read the actual ingredients before buying them.

Incidentally, I'd like to write to the company and complain about their
(in my opinion) misleading claim; but there is no address or phone
number listed in the ad.  Nor was I able to find one on the internet.
If anyone has the contact information for this company, I would
appreciate it if you would send it to me in a private e-mail note.

--
-- Jim Lyles ................... Home: [log in to unmask]
-- Holly, Michigan, USA ........ Work: [log in to unmask]