Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2006 15:04:08 EDT

GIFTS OF NATURE, INC. IS PROUD TO BE THE SECOND COMPANY TO RECEIVE
INDEPENDENT GLUTEN-FREE CERTIFICATION THROUGH THE GLUTEN FREE CERTIFICATION
ORGANIZATION (GFCO) WHICH, IS A PROGRAM OF THE GLUTEN INTOLERANCE GROUP(r) OF
NORTH AMERICA (GIG).

Polson, Montana - Gifts of Nature- has been serving the Gluten-Free and
Celiac Community since 1989 and becoming a GFCO certified company is really the
high point of our existence. Until now we have only been able to test for gluten
and felt very sure we were providing a safe product for all but our claims of
Gluten-Free product were coming from us and now we have an independent, third
party not only testing our products and ingredients but inspecting our
facility and practices as well.

We at Gifts of Nature, Inc. feel that having the GFCO seal on our package
will help the customers rapidly identify safe and dependable products as well as
understand that our company is dedicated to providing, not only the best
tasting baking mixes but certified Gluten-Free also.

As Gifts of Nature products continue to become available on more retail
shelves across the country the GFCO seal will become more evident. An increasing
number of companies, manufacturing Gluten-Free products are seeing the value of
GFCO certification and are becoming a part of this inspection process. Ask
your Gluten-Free retailer to look for and carry GFCO certified products for their
benefit as well as yours.

The GFCO, a program of the Gluten Intolerance Group(r) (GIG), is the first
program of its kind in the world to supervise the manufacturing and testing
protocol of companies that market gluten-free (GF) foods, for the purpose of
offering consumers a third-party assurance of safety. This new independent food
processing inspection program will verify that food products meet the highest
standards for GF ingredients and are produced in a safe environment.

Food manufacturers have been quick to recognize the growing demand for GF
foods. According to SPINS data, sales of GF products in mainstream grocery stores
grew 18% from June 2004 to June 2005.  Additionally, the 2,000-plus GF
products available in stores today produce annual sales topping $600 million.
Although many more GF products have become available in the past few years, adhering
to a GF diet remains difficult and frustrating, since wheat is so prevalent
in processed foods. A great deal of time is required to read food labels,
contact food manufacturers and search GF product lists. The risk of consuming
gluten persists, as much of the information available is second- or third-hand,
unclear or contradictory.

About Food Allergies and Celiac Disease
According to a 2004 study by the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and
Immunology, at least 11 million Americans are affected by one or more food
allergies. This means that one in 25 people in the U.S. is unable to consume a range
of basic, familiar ingredients without triggering serious, and sometimes
lethal, immune system responses. In addition, nearly 3 million Americans - or about
one percent of the population - suffer from celiac disease (CD), a lower
intestinal condition for which there is no cure and no treatment except adherence
to a gluten-free diet.  CD is also referred to as gluten sensitive enteropathy
(GSE), gluten intolerance or celiac sprue.  It is considered to be the most
under-diagnosed common disease today. It is a chronic, inherited disease, and
if untreated can ultimately lead to malnutrition. Gluten intolerance is the
result of an immune-mediated response to the ingestion of gluten (from wheat,
rye, and barley) that damages the small intestine. The disease is permanent, and
damage to the small intestine will occur every time any amount of gluten is
consumed, regardless if symptoms are present.

About GFCO
The Gluten-Free Certification Organization (GFCO) is a program of the Gluten
Intolerance Group(r), and is governed by an independent volunteer board that
includes physicians, food scientists and consumers.

Key elements of the GFCO process include:
* Ingredients review, down to the original supplier
* Onsite inspections by experienced, trained Field Inspection Agents
* Product and ingredient testing using scientifically proven tests
* GFCO certification mark located on product packages for easy
identification. To see the Certification Mark go to http://www.gfco.org

For more information visit: http://www.gfco.org.

810 7th. Street, Polson, Montana 59860
Phone - 888-275-0003