Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 17:08:44 -0500

I would like to thank everybody who contacted me regarding my message
concerning rice allergy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6 people thought Rice Dream products were not GF.  I called the company
again and they advised that the  vanilla, carob, and chocolate Rice Dream
Non-Dairy Dessert (frozen dessert) is GF.  Also their puddings are GF.
 The drink Rice Dream is not GF.

If using enriched rice - probably enriched by barley coating.

You can have an allergy to anything.
You can have hives, dizziness, headaches, etc.   When our immune system is
out of whack especially, we can start reacting to just about everything!

Had same reaction from rice products and it is anaphylactic allergic
reaction.  Her conclusions were - due to store bought baked goods that used
old rice flour and the effect was cumulative; the more rice flour she had
the greater liklihood it would occur.

Sounds like severe allergic reaction.  Please see allergist to be tested -
if you are in fact, this allergic, it could be life threatening.

But one can become allergic to rice or any other food if a person consumes
that product on a daily basis, and especially if one has a "leaky,
permiable gut".

I have never been able to eat rice flour, even before going GF.

The throat closing feeling is one that I have whenever I accidentally ingest
some gluten.  It also makes me feel like if I eat one more bite, I'll be so
full I'll throw up, even though I may have only eaten a few bites.  Since I
have been completely gluten free, I haven't felt it unless I accidentally
get some.

My son had rice allergy as a baby......he seems to have outgrown it.

Tomorrow I go back to the allergist.

Marilyn/Maizy
MedSupport Celiac Chat Host
Monday (weekly) Celiac Live Chats From 8-10 PM EST at:
http://www.medsupport.org/celianav.htm