From:
Lorry Falvo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 1997 20:53:18 -0500

I too would like to know more about this connection.  I have had low
thyroid and been taking drugs for thirteen years.  My previous doctor
did blood tests a few years ago and said I had Lupus antibodies.  My
current doctor says no.  I was diagnosed in april with Celiac Disease.
My sisters two children (each have different fathers) have been
diagnosed with Muscular Distrophy.

All this along with my parents diagnosed with bladder and colon cancer
has happened in the last 5 years.  We have no evidence of any of this in
the last two generations.  Although some of these problems are not
autoimmune.  Most of the ones in my case are.  I have been told I have
to go for CT scans regularly as I have uncommon lymph nodes on the outer
wall of my small intestine.  I wonder if I am also facing Non Hodgkins,
again another autoimmune desease.

I am of the belief that my Celiac disease is definitely autoimmune
related.