From:
Alan Dubrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 May 1996 08:21:38 -0500

I took the advice of one of the posters and contacted the President and CEO of
Pacific Grains, mfr of Nutty Rice concerning the potential of any gluten
migrating into the Nutty Rice when Nutty Wheat or Corn are produced just before
it. He returned a very direct letter indicating that the rice product is always
made first after the equipment is thoroughly cleaned and the corn (with the
barley added) and wheat products follow. Then the equipment is again thoroughly
cleaned and the cycle is repeated. I was very pleased with his response, since
I have not experienced problems with the Nutty Rice and eat it every other day
without fail for the last few years. It is certainly encouraging that there are
companies that are responsive to our needs.