From:
Michael Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 1996 09:31:08 -0500

There are several tricks that can be used to reduce the size of the hole
that is left when the paddle is removed from the loaf on most bread machines.

1. After the mixing cycle is complete and at the very start of the first
rise cycle, remove the paddle with your hand or a pair of thongs.  If you
have programmed the second rise cycle, you need to change it back to the
default setting.

2. Change the moisture level or add Sure-Cel.  I have found that 1-1/2 tsp
of Sure-Cel added to the dry ingredients per cups of flour gives a very
flexible loaf of bread.  Some other bakers recommend Methocel instead of
Sure-Cel, but I have not tried this ingredient. The paddle comes out and
only leaves a very small hole.

Regards,

Michael Jones, [log in to unmask]
Living a wonderful, GF life in Orlando, FL USA