From:
KratzmeierFamily <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 14:39:14 -0400

Here are the responses to my question about GF Cream of Mushroom & Cream
of Tomato soups.  I also received many recipes (too many to post them
all) so if you are interested, let me know and I will send them to you.

Pacific brand found at local health food stores.  Cream of Mushroom is
good although several say it is on the thin side, which they thicken
with cornstarch; some say the Cream of tomato has a kick to it.

Whole Foods Market, Trader Joe's & Walnut Acres carries cream of
mushroom.

Bette Haagman's recipes are easy to make and freeze.

Get a box of cornstarch and use the recipe for white sauces on the
side.  Use the liquid from a can of mushrooms in place of some of the
liquid.  Chop up the mushrooms.  Make tomato soup the same way with a
can of tomato sauce.

Lipton makes a Cream of Tomato and cream of chicken cup-of-soups, which
several say they use but decrease the amount of water or milk.  Some
also use Lipton Recipe Secrets Soup Mix - Onion and Beefy Onion.

Make tomato soup with canned tomato sauce, milk, and a little seasoning.

Imagine foods makes about 8 gf brands of soup one of which is a creamy
mushroom.

Kinninnick, Ener-G, Gluten Free Pantry, Gluten-Free Trading Company
(888-993-9933)

Progresso brand Cream of Mushroom soup is GF