CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Valentine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 1998 07:18:34 EST

<< trying to make a wheat bread without sugar in my bread maker but it is now
 working very well, I sure would like some help with this.

Hi Ann,
      I haven't used a bread machine for this but I have made bread without
sugar.
In The Laurel's Kitchen Bread Book she discusses this very thing. (pg 385)  We
use sweeteners for taste.  The yeast itself will work with the natural sugar
in the wheat.  She also says a loaf can be done with a tablespoon of sweetener
per loaf.  It's a very good book on natural, whole grain breads.  You might
want to check it out of the library.  Hope this helps.  Poppy <----who is also
working on using the SugarBuster
diet, or at the least the glycemic index!