CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ann DeLong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 06:51:46 -0800

----------------------------
 Sugar busters is a diet good for some Type 2s, those still making excess
insulin. It is designed to reduce hunger by lowering that insulin and make
it easier to lose weight. Type 1s who may have gained a little extra
weight from intensive insulin therapy have less restrictive options.
Recall that some sugar is allowed in the Type 1 diet (ADA sanctioned).

                                     Kemp

Hi Kemp,

I am only going on what sugarbusters book says about diabetes.  There is a
whole chapter in the book for both types of diabetes, type 1 and 2.  I am
type 2 but it also tells how it can help people with type one reduce their
medication.  I also have a questions I an not sure what celiac is please
explain.  I have read a lot on the different types of diabetes including
gestational, type 1 and 2.  I am still very new to this and I want to learn
as much as I can about this.

Ann(Oregon)