CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ann DeLong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 07:01:03 -0800

How have others dealt with these sticky situations?  It was really difficult
for me the first few situations where I was surrounded with gluten laden
foods & no safe alternatives.  One can only smile & eat carrot sticks for so
many events before this routine gets old.  Certainly a young child would have
a harder time coping.

Fran

I agree, the school lunch could of provided apples for those days the kids
have candy.  Don't forget Christmas is coming up with cookies and sweets..  I
guess you will have to send apples with your daughter or have a talk with the
school principal about giving the children a choice of either fruit or the
sweet stuff.  Maybe other children would prefer some fruit over the candy as
well.

Ann (Oregon)