CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carolyn Randall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 00:16:21 -0500

Ann,
In order for yeast to work, it needs sugar -- sugar is "food" for yeast.
Using 1/4 cup is enough for an entire loaf of bread -- not enough sugar to
cause a diabetic a problem.  Maybe you can try a "sourdough" type of
bread -- don't know if it needs sugar or not.

I don't know anything about sugarbusters, but use Sugar-free soda, Equal and
Sweet N'Low since my mom had diabetes and I believe in prevention (if
possible).

I am currently on the Dr Atkins diet and have been having good results
losing weight.  Eating very few grams of carbohydrates daily and also low
fat as my husband eats low fat for his high cholesterol and he eats my GF
diet too (except for bread).  This way, we can both eat healthy and only
prepare one meal.

Good Luck with your bread.

Carolyn Randall,   Fairborn OH