CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Isabel Ellerbrock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 15:39:53 +0100

Hi listmates,

I'm an almost 16 years old girl from Germany. Eventhough I suffer from
Celiac disease and Diabetes I will hopefully be able to spend a highschool
year in the the USA. By now I unfortunately haven't figured out how to
manage all the stuff that still needs to be done. Could please somebody tell
me more about how students get along with both illnessess in school and in
general? You seem to do a lot of things different than we do in Germany. One
exchange program didn't accept me because they thought my Diabetes must be
very bad because I do injections four times a day. Which is not true, as you
might think.

It would be very nice if somebody could help me so I will be hopefully able
to go. I will help you of course, too, if you have any questions concerning
traveling to Germany or other Europe.

Thank you,
Isabel Ellerbrock from Hamburg/Germany