CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rita Malkin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rita Malkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 17:16:19 -0400

Responding to the inquiry about a decent GF bread -- I purchase GF White Rice Bread (also available yeast-free) made by Ener-G Foods and toast it to improve the flavor.   It's available at your local health food store or available via the internet. Also, check some of the celiac site links provided by this website to find recipes for making your own breads -- especially if you have a bread machine.  One of my favorite recipe book authors is Bette Hagman.  She's written several excellent GF cook books. Finally, available in many of the health food and regular supermarkets, are GF bread mixes (I especially like "Bob's Red Mill" mixes).  Hope this helps.