CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susan Pieper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 May 1998 18:00:14 -0600

I've had good luck with the  Guiltless Chicken Plate from Chili's. Also,
you can try Red Lobster. I love their grilled salmon--good for the heart,
y'know. (Their baked potatoes are a just-right size for me.) We have a
continual battle of wills going in my local RL, though. Apparently they
dribble crouton crumbs over the tomato section of where they make their
salads. So, when I ask for the crouton-less, cheese-less, dressing-less
salads, sometimes they have little crumbies in them, and it has to be sent
back. I HATE THAT!

There are some g-f dishes at Boston Market, which I always visit in
Albuquerque. The turkey, and I don't remember what all else.

This is the entire sum of my eating-out adventureousness (sp????). We're
going to Disney World next week, so maybe I'll figure out some more things.
Sure do hope so!

I'll be interested in hearing what others may offer ...

Sue

Who sometimes gets "fed up" with all this mess! The office went out for
lunch at a local joint a couple of weeks ago. I got a copy of the menu, and
there just wasn't anything I felt safe about trying. Of course, taking
insulin, I "have to eat," and I just felt like an idiot when somebody
suggested I take my lunch. NO WAY, JOSE (yes, it was a Mexican restaurant).
Anyhow, sometimes it feels very isolating to be hassling with all this ...

End of rant!  Can you tell it's Friday night of a very long week???

Susan Pieper/Las Cruces, [log in to unmask]