CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Frank Scortino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 09:02:07 -0500

Hi All, My 17 year old son who was diagnosed with CD in early Aug. (he
also has IDDM and hypothyroidism) is really working hard on making the
switch over to all GF foods. We've been working with dietitians, doing
lots of our own research, and joining CSA/USA and various support
groups. We're sampling different foods from mail-order and from Whole
Foods and Wild Oats markets. We tried a rice crust, soy cheese pizza
from Nature's Hilights. The crust ended up in a "gummy" consistency.
Does anyone have any handy tips on making the crust crispier? Justin is
doing such a great job of trying to adjust to everything, but I feel
that I can help to make it more palatable if I can make the substitute
foods taste as close to the other kind as possible. Thanks for your
help.--Kathy Scortino