CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tamara Pozos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Celiac-Diabetes Support List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 13:29:10 -0800

Hi Patty-

I'm a pediatrician, type I diabetic for 10 years, and my endocrinologist
just tested me for celiac a few months ago and I have the antibodies.  I
have started GF even though I haven't yet had my biopsy, and I also have
noted MORE GI symptoms since.  I have my first GI appointment on Thursday
and I will certainly ask them.  Everyone says "oh now you're just looking
for symptoms" but I didn't have them before.   As a doc, I wonder if it is
because the villi are regrowing, and that's what hurts?  who knows.  Anyway,
let's be in touch-

good luck with your son, I'm on a pump and love it.  I show it to all my
diabetic patients.

Tamara

on 1/13/03 9:54 AM, Patty Henderson at [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Sender:       Celiac-Diabetes Support List
> Poster:       Patty Henderson <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject:      Question For All

--> -