CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 3 Jan 2009 14:09:20 -0600

Are you working with any doctors that can help you?  Being that I am Type I
Diabetic, I have to take insulin and use a pump to do so.  Gluten free items
can be so high in carbs and I have to carefully watch what I put into my
mouth.  I have utilized a great support group to help educate me about the
celiac disease, different nutritionists, taken gluten free cooking classes
and my endocrinologist is very supportive in getting me help with managing
my diabetes.  I am going on 2 years of adjusting to my new life with CD, but
it is getting better no doubt.   I would first get an endocrinologist that
will help you figure out the blood sugars and start logging what you eat and
reactions that occur with your tummy & blood sugars.

Sender:       Celiac-Diabetes Support List
Poster:       Bernadette Stephenson <[log in to unmask]>
              chronic weightloss, fat intollerance??
---

<<Disclaimer: Verify this information before applying it to your
situation.>>

hi

I'm new to this so I'm hoping I can get some helpful advice.  I feel so u=
nwell and low about it=20 all and I have a young baby to.  I have pcos,
lactose intollerant, celiac= , recently diagnosed with=20 diabetes and I get
I'll after eating fat!
My blood sugar goes up to 11 after food and 3 hours later to 2.8, I'm not=
on any medication, I=20 get blurred vision after eating and tired and
sometimes sugary smellng ur= ine.  Then my blood=20 sugar falls very low and
this happens day after day.  I'm trying to eat t= he right low gi food
but=20 most contain gluten.  On top of hat I've dropped to 6 stone.  Also if
eat=  fat I get so unwell for=20 days!  I don't know what to eat or do any
more.  Am I meant to be on insu= lin? I worry this will=20 cause more hypos.
I just don't know what to do about any of it any more.=
  My family life and=20
social life has suffered majorly because of it all, please help.=20

Bernadette