CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Reushann Cox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 1999 19:56:24 -0500

Dear Katie,

and the pump (I dont know how to transfer your message into my response,
please excuse my computer iliteracy!)
My doctor has always been amazed that Rhett, (the 7 year old with the
possibility of CD)
is still on diluted insulin after having diabetes for 6 years.  Since the
potential of CD has been introduced, I have wondered whether this might
be the reason.  Once the intestine has healed, is there a general need
for more insulin?

Also, how old is your son that is on the insulin pump?  I have inquired
about its availability to Rhett and have always been told that he is too
young.

Thank you for your encouragement,  I am  very grateful this e-mail thing
is available to me at this point.
Reushann Cox