CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Barbara Pollack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 15:37:40 -0500

>Wondered if list subscribers may be able to direct us to a bread
>substitute that is yeast, gluten and dairy free.
>
>We are finding it difficult to locate something free of all three
>substances. We also need to find a source of foods convenient for
>school  use.

I don't know if you would consider it enough like bread, but it's easy to
make cakes from whipped egg whites and unsweetened coconut and/or ground
nuts.

I would also recommend looking at some Passover cookbooks.  There's likely
to be a number of pareve (non-dairy) recipes for things made with potato
starch (which can be adapted to cornstarch too) and, of course, no yeast.
Even the ones that call for matzo meal could be adpated to potato starch or
ground nuts.

Barbara