CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2007 11:47:31 -0500

My son has been diagnosed with celiac disease in Oct. 2006. I have learned
alot by searching the internet, but would not mind some information from
mothers with children in the same age group with celiac's. Our Dr's are not
very helpful. They do not have much knowledge on this and it seems that I
am the one that has to teach them. My children have been very sick for 3
years and now when I take the one in with CD I am asked what meds he can
have. I find it very hard to even know. They say the pharmasist should have
the answers but they don't. He is also alergic to amoxicillian and cefzil
so that limits are choice as well. I am going to have my 3 year old tested
as soon as possible. I have read about the vitamins and I can not find a
good multivitamin to give my 6 year old with CD. At this time I am giving
him Little Critter gummie but I do not think they have enough in them. I
would love to hear from anyone who has been through the same that may offer
me some advice to make life just a little easier!!! Thank you to all! My
direct e-mail is [log in to unmask]
Diana

** Please remember some posters may be WHEAT-FREE, but not GLUTEN-FREE **