CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lisa Cherry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lisa Cherry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2004 11:58:04 GMT

Has anyone with DH noticed a reaction to Enviro Kidz Peanut Butter Panda Puffs or Koala Krisp cereals and also their new Crispy Rice Bars?  They are clearly labeled gluten free, however, my 3 year old seems to be extremely sensitive.  We just discovered after weeks of searching that she was reacting to Arrowhead Mills Buckwheat Flour.  The company says they use gluten free ingredients and they are very dedicated to washing their lines between runs but that they do make several other gluten containing flours and that it would all depend on how sensitive my child was to gluten.  Well I took the Buckwheat flour out of her diet and she finally began to heal and stop itching.  Yesterday, however, she started itching again and was up all night clawing herself to death.  She ate these two products and I am concerned now that I can not trust gluten free labels anymore.  I feel I need to start buying her gf products from companies that do not make any gluten containing products.  Is there a list available somewhere of such companies?  I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has had a similar experience with these products.  I will summarize the replies.
Thanks so much,

Lisa  :0)
<>< psalm 139 ><>