CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tracey Wolfskill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 20:11:22 -0400

Hi Everyone!

I thought while we're all getting ready to send our kids back to school,
I would pass along some information I have found helpful.  You all may
have found this article, but I think it is full of good information for
preschoolers.  It is found at:

   http://www.enabling.org/ia/cel-kids/presch.html

It gives some ideas of what you should discuss with your child's
preschool teacher (and I'm sure can be adapted for older children too).
I've also included some other things in my letter to Kevin's preschool
teacher including:

--that some foods that look "normal" are not (e.g., pretzels), and not
to assume he can have a "normal" version of that food

--what his reaction may be if he does ingest gluten (last year the
teacher was concerned that he would have an anaphylatic shock reaction)

--request to try to keep the kids somewhat separated while eating, so
Kevin won't get into someone else's crumbs

--my phone number (and my husband's) in case they have ANY questions
during the day

I hope all our kids will have a great school year this year!

Tracey Wolfskill
mom of Kevin 2yo w/Celiac and Brian 6yo no Celiac
Fort Worth, TX, USA