CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mo & Shira <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 10 May 2004 20:28:19 -0500

If you have celiac kids and/or are part of a support group which
includes celiac youth, please read/respond to the following (if you have
not already done so). Thank you VERY much! You can email us directly at

Hello! Our names are Mo and Shira from MoShi Strategies and we are
working in partnership with the greater Celiac Community to do a needs
assessment and possible curriculum development on a children’s support
group curriculum. We are also researching the need for a parent support
element to the curriculum. We know that there are a variety of support
groups for children and youth throughout the United States and Canada,
and we want to know the differences and similarities between these
groups. Also, we hope to discover what needs exist for these groups.
Ideally, our needs assessment will help us to develop a curriculum or
curriculums that can be used in your support group. It is also possible
that we will discover that there is no need for a curriculum. We are so
excited to be working with the youth, parents, and friends of the gluten
intolerant and celiac community.

Over the next couple months, you will be hearing from us with surveys,
questions, and comments that will help us to do the needs assessment and
possibly develop a curriculum that is useful for you and your group. As
we start this process, we do have a few initial questions that will
allow us to begin this process. Please feel free to simply reply to this
email, filling in the questions below.

1) What geographic area does your support group cover?
2) How many families attend your support group?
3) What is the age range of youth who attend your group?
4) How often does your support group meet?

Thank you so much for your assistance.  We look forward to working with
you in the near future!

Best Wishes,

Mo Malkin and Shira Rosen
MoShi Strategies, Inc.

* Support summarization of posts, reply to the SENDER not the CEL-KIDS List *