CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dianna Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 19:43:51 -0400

 Hi all- I'm going out on a limb here with my contribution for the lunch
ideas.  Many of you will probably think I'm nuts, but this idea may help
someone else whose child can't eat gluten, dairy or soy.  Sushi.  I make
sushi for my husband and I and for fun made some small ones for 2 year
old  Erik with just the rice and his leftover (cooked) fish.  He loved
it, even had a tantrum because we ran out of fish. He asks for it and it
keeps in his lunch at the preschool fridge.  Salmon is a good choice for
the fat   protein and you can get veggies and avocado in too.  Braised
chicken is tender enough to work too.  Another food I prepare for his
lunch are vegetables roasted with olive oil.  Mostly carrots, potatoes
broccoli.  They're good cold and soft enough for a toddler to chew.
Thanks for all your ideas too.  Dianna

--- Dianna Brown